Newly engaged? Planning a wedding?
Well this weeks Tidbits comes from a few of our Captured brides. Here they are sharing words of advice with brides-to-bes.
First up, Jessie Krohn.
“My advice… spend time with your new husband! I know it sounds silly, but during the reception you are talking to/visiting with so many different people that you end up on different sides of the room. Make sure you stick together and enjoy this magical night because it goes by fast :)” – Jessie
“Here are a few of my most important tips…:-)
1. Bring an extra pair of shoes or flip flops to change into (essential for the survival of your feet!)
2. Don’t forget to eat – at least a few appetizers and a few bites of dinner – you will feel soo much better the next day!
3. Don’t worry about the things that don’t go according to “plan” – no one will notice if you don’t draw attention to it
4. Act the way you want your guests to act (ie. If you dance, they will dance, if you are relaxed, they will relax)
5. Take a few minutes to thank your parents (or whoever helped plan/pay for the night!)
6. Remember to take a step back, look around and take it all in…most brides have spent so many days, nights, hours, planning and i think its really important to just take a moment to look at your husband, parents, siblings, guests, decor, cake, etc and just try to take it all in :)”
Then, Krista Bellino.
“Do NOT underestimate the power of a wedding planner!! The price of their service will pay for itself in many ways!” – Krista
And last, Sarah Wrenn.
“So a general tip I have for brides would be to enjoy the time you have being engaged. It is such an exciting, love-filled time in your life and I found it was perfect to take some of the time to just enjoy the fact that we were engaged! As far as the actual wedding day… it goes by a lot faster than you think it will. I tried to plan out as much as possible, but still ended up doing things on the day of that I thought would be done in advance. I would suggest to another bride to plan out the important things and leave time for everything to take longer than you think it will. More than anything, plan so that you don’t stress on your wedding day. Relax, enjoy, and go with whatever happens. Regardless of everything else, at the end of the day you’ll be married to your love… That’s the goal, right? Also, surround yourself with awesome people, including your vendors. Having Jenny and Shelly around with their calm nature and ability to go with the flow was amazing.” – Sarah
Hope you enjoyed these lovely ladies’ words of wisdom.
Anyone else want to add some advice and tips to the mix?? Comment below!